Tianjin Airlines have announced that they will be flying to Auckland from December 21.
The airline plans to operate Tianjin – Chongqing – Auckland route, 3 times a week, with Airbus A330-200 aircraft. Reservation for this route will be available soon.
GS7957 TSN1950 – 2230CKG0030+1 – 1800+1AKL 332 135
GS7958 AKL2100 – 0530+1CKG0830+1 – 1055+1TSN 332 246
The airline is actually very intriguing as there is hardly any information or photos of the airline online, so I investigated. I’ve listed a few interesting facts about them.
- They have a fleet of 91
- They have looked at/ordered A350’s
- They have 63 destinations
- They were established in 2004
- Their 2 hubs are Tianjin Binhai International Airport and Haikou Meilan International Airport
- They have 2 websites
- They have a frequent flyer program and lounge
- They want to serve Los Angeles, San Francisco, Melbourne, Phuket and Ulan Bator.
- They are owned by Hainan
- They apparently have a 17 hour flight
- They apparently fly from 13 cities in Asia to London
- I have never heard of them
These are photos of the lounge I’ve found. All photo’s are from their website.
The airline is configured in 3 classes apparently? First, business and economy. I haven’t seen any first class info, but they have 18 business class seats and 242 economy seats they also say they have first but don’t list it?. Both cabins are hardly industry leading…
This aircraft features AVOD (Audio and Video OnDemand) for among all classes.
AC power in every seat.
I’m interested to see what the passenger loads are like for the flights as it’s odd routing. I also find the airline intriguing and want to find more info on them. They are very interesting, to say the least.